On June 24, 2021, Microsoft officially announced Windows 11 as the latest version of its operating system. Naturally, you’ll want to know if the latest update will allow you to use new features on your Windows 10 machine. Microsoft has a nice tool to assist you with your search.
Microsoft has created a “PC Health Check” app that can inform you if your computer fulfills the minimum requirements for Windows 11. If you’re interested, you can find those system requirements on Microsoft’s website.
- Download the “PC Health Check” app to see if your Windows PC is capable of running Windows 11 by clicking the link below.
Download Link: https://aka.ms/GetPCHealthCheckApp
- Then, to install it, open the downloaded file and accept the terms.
- Then select “Finish” after checking the “Open Windows PC Health Check” box.
- At the top of the app, you’ll find a Windows 11 area. The blue color “Check Now” button should be selected.
- “This PC Can Run Windows 11” or “This PC Can’t Run Windows 11” will appear in a window.
- When you tap “Learn More,” a web page with more information about the system requirements will open. It’s as simple as that!
If you see a notice saying your PC can’t run Windows 11, it’s likely due to a problem with Secure Boot or the Trusted Platform Module (TPM). These are security features that may cause the Health Check app to flag your PC as vulnerable and thus unsuitable for Windows 11.
But don’t get too worried and go out and buy a new computer just yet. Microsoft has said that Windows 10 will be supported until October 14, 2025.